Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Garlic Chicken Fragrant Rice On a Budget

 
Garlic Chicken Fragrant Rice
I found this last night on allrecipes.com   I have a 25# bag of Jasmine Rice that needs eaten, so I did a search for jamsine rice on the website and came up with this.  I will share how I tweaked it below.

3 cups uncooked jasmine rice

  • 3 cups water (used GF chicken broth instead)



  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil (skipped this, did not have any on hand)



  • 2 cubes chicken bouillon(skipped this since I used GF broth.



  • 1/2 cup olive oil (Added 2 Tablespoons as this sounded like WAY too much oil!)



  • 1 green onion, chopped (chopped up a small onion instead)



  • 2 cloves cloves garlic, smashed



  • 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger root, crushed (skipped as I did not have this on hand)



  • 1 chicken thigh with skin (skipped this since I did not have on hand, but I added 1# cooked ground beef)

    1. Place everything in a rice cooker (you can add the cooked ground beef later if you want).
    2. Stir, and then place chicken thigh on top. Turn on rice cooker.        
    When the rice is done, mix the rice so that the oil will be evenly mixed with the rice. Serve.
    It was really good!
    Moe
    __,_._,___

    No comments:

    Post a Comment