Monday, November 7, 2011

Being Frugal with GFCF

 
The biggest money saver here is sitting down every month and planning a food schedule/menu. Using what you have and streching (so sp) things. Being creative with food. We never eat out here, so I plan for every meal. I also have to plan for a child who can barely eat anything. So there are nights he gets hot dogs, but he can't have a hot dog every night so I need to break things up with chicken or potatoes. I also try hard to do one to two new meals a month.

As I'm planning out the menu I make a grocery list as we go, then I do one big shopping trip a month. After that I really try hard not to go to the store after that. Although last month I really sucked at this for some reason. It's so very hard to do coupons here as we are into veggies, and gf, there are no coupons for grass fed beef. Tiring.

Sadly another way to save money is to make everything yourself. For mornings I make pancakes and waffles, but I will do a few months worth at a time, so I just have to pop them in to the toaster on mornings. I make my own mixes. I do everything myself.

I know this isnt' an option for everyone, but our garden. Our garden God Help me will double is size next year, so I'm hoping at that point to be able to grow like a years worth of veggies for us. So we don't have to buy so many at the store. This year I did leeks which helped there. They are sliced and diced in the freezer now. I found an unreal price on green peppers this year, something I can't grow, and bought seriously like 50 and I sliced them and put them into the freezer should be plenty for the year.

Keeps your eyes open for great deals.

cup

No comments:

Post a Comment